Temporary lockdown in Jerne parish
Rising corona infection in Jerne parish means that Esbjerg Municipality must temporarily close a number of schools, institutions and indoor sports, leisure, and cultural activities in Jerne parish.
Jerne parish meets the national authorities' criteria for automatic lockdown. Therefore, the following schools and institutions in Jerne parish are closed from Sunday 2 May 2021:
- Bakkeskolen Cosmos
- AOF center Sydjylland
- The EFI sports arena, indoor facilities
- The leisure building at Skanderborgvej 10, indoor facilities
- The leisure building at Veldbæk Industrivej 20, indoor facilities
- Veldtofte sports arena (SEPE), indoor facilities
- Indoor facilities for leisure, sports, and association activities at UC Syd, University College South Denmark
- Myrthue Bakkeskolen Cosmosskolen
- Myrthue Østskoven
The individual municipal institutions will contact everyone who is directly affected by the lockdown with further information.
Day care institutions in Jerne parish are not included in the lockdown. However, stricter guidelines apply in day care institutions, and parents are encouraged to keep their children at home during the lockdown period.
Advice from the health authorities
In connection with the lockdown in Jerne parish, the health authorities recommend:
- See as few people as possible
- Public employees who do not perform critical functions should work from home
- As far as possible, private employers are encouraged to let employees work from home
- Young children are cared for at home
- Day care divides children into regular, smaller groups, etc.
- Residents in the area get tested for COVID-19
Why a lockdown?
National authorities have created a model for rapid and effective local lockdowns based on automation if the corona infection increases locally.
Three criteria have been set for when a parish must be locked down temporarily. The criteria are:
- The incidence in a parish exceeds 500 infected per. 100,000 citizens per. week.
- More than 20 cases of infection have been registered in total in the last seven days.
- The positive percentage is 2.5 percent or more.
All three criteria are met in Jerne parish. The lockdown continues until the parish has been below the level of one of the above criteria for a week in a row.
Go to information about:
- Children and young people
- Services at the municipality
- Cultural activities
- Vulnerable citizens
- Senior citizens and sick people
- Protect yourself and others
- See a map with all test sites in Denmark
You can find all details about the reopening at coronasmitte.dk. We will continuously update this website with new information about how our municipality will follow the recommendations from the Danish authorities.