Time restrictions and the possibility to purchase extra parking time only applies to parking on the road side or in municipally owned car parks (signposted with a blue P-sign). Car parks that are not owned by Esbjerg municipality have their own rules, which appear from local signage (sign with black P-sign).
Please not that Stormgade, Nørregade, Jernbanegade and Østre Havnevej are not included in the paid parking zone as opposed to Havnegade which is part of the zone. At the red markings special rules apply.
- In Torvegade, between Nørregade and Skolegade
- Banegårdspladsen, the southern row of parking spaces.
- In Englandsgade, from Borgergade to Havnegade - only on the western side of the road marked with red on the map.
In the above mentioned areas the following rules apply:
- A 30 minute time restriction on parking.
- You cannot extend your parking time.
- No exemptions for residential parking permits, electric vehicles, hydrogen vehicles or electric motorcycles.
The special rules apply in order to ensure that more visitors have the opportunity to park in the places in question during shorter visits to shops etc.
The special rules appear from local signage. Please note that it is always the local signage that applies.